September 23, 2009

Mermaid

My Illustration III class for this semester is called "Illustration Concepts". For our first assignment we had to pick a worldly topic(mine was plastic surgery) and illustrate it using a mythological creature.



In class, my teacher informed me that it wasn't exactly creepy like I wanted it to be and the girl was by far too "pretty". He suggested some alterations so the next week I came in with an updated piece.




After making the changes and looking at it I agree with what he said. I changed the lighting to be greener and with more contrast, it's a little stereotypical for this kind of image but I do like it.

This piece was first drawn in pencil then scanned and painted completely in Photoshop CS3. A texture was added as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment