January 26, 2011

Thesis patterns yay!

Some patterns I'll be using for thesis...

The russian doll is an image I've always wanted to attempt. Despite their current popularity in surface design, they always remind me of a certain Russian Doll my mother kept on her bureau while I was growing up. I remember it was brown, had a red mouth, and this beautiful red flower pattern along the bottom.


I've been doing these triangle patterns for a while now and I just can't seem to get enough of them. There's something about them that my psyche goes crazy for. I think they're deeply rooted somewhere in my childhood. I think it might've been those really old cartoons I used to watch as a kid.
Very much like this Chuck Jones cartoon, The Dot and the Line : A Romance in Lower Mathematics






No comments:

Post a Comment